The HI 96801 Digital Refractometer is a rugged portable, water resistant device that benefits from HANNA’s years of experience as a manufacturer of analytical instruments. Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units. The HI 96801 digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometers and is portable for measurements in the field.
This refractometer is perfect for testing honey, maple, sauces, jams, jellies, beverages and soups.
The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ the methodology in the ICUMSA Methods Book (International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis).
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with measurement on the large, dual level display along with other helpful message codes.
- Wide Range The HI 96801 is versatile enough to fit most applications.
- Easy Measurement Place a few drops of the sample in the well and press the READ key.
- Calibrate with Water Fill the sample well with distilled or deionized water and press the ZERO key.
- Automatic temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Battery Operated The HI 96801 is operated by a single 9V battery for portability.
- Dual-level LCD The dual-level LCD displays the measurement as well as temperature readings simultaneously.
- Waterproof The HI 96801 offers IP65 waterproof protection.
- Quick, Precise Results Readings are displayed in approximately 1.5 seconds.
- Small Sample Size The HI 96801 is able to read samples as small as 2 metric drops.